Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina

File a Complaint

To avoid any delay investigating your complaint, please be sure to file with the correct agency as listed below. The Division will attempt to forward any incorrect filings to the appropriate agency.

  1. For complaints regarding a Consumer Loan ("Personal Loan" or "Title Loan") or a Deferred Presentment Transaction ("Payday Loan") please file with the South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs.

  2. For complaints regarding a Mortgage Loan through a Bank, please file with the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

  3. For complaints related to any other Mortgage Loan, please file with our Division. Please complete the mortgage complaint form (PDF) and send it along with any supporting documents to the Division at:

    Consumer Finance Division                           
    1205 Pendleton Street
    Suite 306
    Columbia, SC 29201
    Attn: Mortgage Complaints